It's been a while since I've written "A Word of Advice" but I felt compelled to let the people know about this documentary I just watched. It's directed by Adam Yauch (a.k.a. MCA of the Beastie Boys) and follows 8 of the best high school basketball players in the country leading up to an invitational game at Rucker Park in 2007. The players featured are: Michael Beasley, Tyreke Evans, Brandon Jennings, Jerryd Bayless, Lance Stephenson, Donte Greene, and ya boy Kevin Love. And also...Singler. The soundtrack is one of the best in any film I've ever seen. The trailer's below and you can rent the film for 2.99 on iTunes.
Couple things I got from watching it:
- Listening to Singler talk made me understand just how creepy of a person he is.
- Kevin Love in high school was the cockiest white boy alive. Definitely bordering on wigger (he wears jorts).
- Michael Beasley has the maturity of a second grader but was a man amongst boys for most of the game clips. Spectacular shit-talker too.
- Brandon Jennings is a boss. Same with Jerryd Bayless, who was a guy I didn't really know much about.
- Tyreke Evans is hood as shit. Same with Lance Stephenson but he's averaging about a point per game in the league right now.