Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Chafe - Fire Hydrant Cock-Block


I'm no rookie to Cleveland Circle. I'm an Eagle's Deli advocate, I've had my fair share of Resevoir Liquor Store buys, and I've gone to Chipotle enough to know that having the worker "mix that all up a bit" benefits a burrito so much it shouldn't be free. Cleveland Circle is a popular spot. With all the crowds in our own little Times Square comes a vast shortage of parking. Parking sucks as it is, but particularly so when you're hungry. And after every time I make the Hail-Mary U-Turn across the T-Tracks (lot of hyphens), as I drive up to Eag's I see a gap between cars right in front of it. My lucky day, a gap between cars. It wants to be filled. It wants my car. No...it's just a damn fire hydrant. It always has been. That same fire hydrant has crushed my future more than I care to count and I still get fooled by it. It hurts. All fire hydrant cock-blocks do. Maybe it's because finding parking elsewhere in the vicinity is tough, and maybe it's the glimmer of false hope I get every time I drive up to it. Either way, it's the type of chafe that keeps on chafing. Usually just ends up in a trip to Tedeschi's and a afternoon full of shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment