Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Astros to the AL




The sale of the Houston Astros got approved by Major League Baseball on Nov. 16, but not before a strict stipulation got placed on the new owner. In exchange for an approval on sale, MLB is forcing the Astros to move to the American League. -yahoo

I guess I could say I saw this one coming, but I don't want to lie to you guys. Sort of a random move if you ask me, but the MLB knows more than I do. Honestly, after following David Freese bask in his glory in the week following the World Series, I've been off baseball. Now here comes this news out-of-the-blue and it's got me asking the obvious question: how are the Astros, a team whose recent interleague record is as good as my attendance record in history lectures, going to survive in the AL for the next few years? They're 7-23 in the last two seasons against the AL, and their struggles aren't looking to turn anytime soon. Maybe there's a possible Rangers vs. Astros rivalry in the making, but let's be honest: Selig should have at least given us back the Colt .45s. What a squad. What a country.

No comments:

Post a Comment