Monday, October 24, 2011

Baby Chafe - Calibri (Body)


How come every time I’ve opened up Microsoft Word and started typing, I’ve had to erase my first couple letters, change the font, and then start over again? Why is Calibri (Body) the default font? When was the last poll taken? Calibri (Body) can’t possibly be in the conversation for most-used font anymore. Times New Roman is so much fresher than Cailbri. Additionally, 12 point is about as standard as a font can get, so I don’t know how 11 is on the podium every time I start typing. I’ve never gotten an assignment for a paper that demanded Calibri (Body) 11. When teachers are that specific about your font choice, or when there’s a length for a paper, it never says “3 pages typed in Calibri (Body) 11 point font”. Never. It’s always Times New Roman, and it's always 12 point. How many times have I used Microsoft Word in my life? Can anyone even postulate how absurd that number must be? How many seconds per visit does this Calibri fiasco cause me? Anywhere between 3 and 7. All I’m saying is it adds up. Calibri (Body) has probably cost me the better part of an hour cumulatively. And if there’s one thing I’ve learned today, it’s that it’s October 24th already, which doesn’t even seem feasible. Time is precious, I don’t want Calibri (Body) taking any more of it from me.

Wingdings over everything.


6 comments:

  1. sounds like something a dell would do, and having a dell...well that's more than a baby chafe for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/14826/change-the-default-font-size-in-word/

    That's how you fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. someone has a really strong connection with times new roman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the truest thing I've ever read

    ReplyDelete
  5. if a teacher doesn't require times new roman calibri (body) is a blessing, adds like half a page to any paper

    ReplyDelete