Friday, June 3, 2011

Chafe - Not Being Able To Find A Light Switch


I thought it was an unwritten rule that light switches had to be placed next to the door, right? I guess not. Recently I've found myself struggling to find light switches and I don't think it's my fault. I don't know if technicians pre game their job or go to flight school beforehand but more than once this past week I've been defeated by the darkness. When I walk into an unknown room and it's pitch black, my first instinct is to check the wall on the left and if the switch isn't there, then to check behind the door. Once I go 0 for 2 I start to panic. I'll run my hand up and down the wall (I wish it was a furry wall) to see if the technician was a midget or Hagrid. I'll usually check once more behind the door before I give up and return to the room I came from. If this chafe made love to another chafe, it would produce a baby chafe of "not knowing which light switch belongs with which light."

1 comment: