Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Truman Show Syndrome

The time is here. The Truman Show is officially on the BC movie network. I love this movie. The idea of it is phenomenal, and who better than Jim Carrey to play the lead? Cristof is a sick fuck, but damn the casting for him works. He’s got Truman on a 35 year mind-fuck. Not only that, but he’s making scrill off of it, and he’s got actors helping him. They all play their part. Everyone's just pretending, and no one seems to notice how wrong it is (except for that angel he met in college).

Every time I watch it I can’t stop thinking about it. The movie gets to me. I always debate whether I'd want that for myself or not. When I first saw it, I couldn’t help but think that this scenario existed in real life, and I was Truman. I thought that there was some evil beret-wearing guy sitting up in a fake moon, controlling everyone around me. I couldn’t get the thought out of my head. Call me paranoid, but I couldn't disprove it. Part of me still believes it. You’re suspect.

1 comment: