Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Message On A Bottle


ST. LOUIS (April 1, 2011) – Bud Light, the world’s best-selling beer, is introducing a new way for beer drinkers to personalize their bottles with the brand’s latest packaging innovation, “My Bud Light.”

Beginning April 4, Bud Light 12-oz. bottles will feature the My Bud Light label, which allows adult beer drinkers the unique opportunity to add their own personal touch to the bottle. Using a key or coin, consumers can “write” a message or draw an image on the label.


So I've been seeing ads for these puppies for a couple weeks but have been too busy basking in the glory of national fratstar month (Final 4, Masters, Marathon Monday, Opening Day, Jenky, Uncle C and Fratsby's 21st's, Easter, 4/20, the 99th Anniversary of the Titanic sinking (tomorrow(wooo!)), April Fool's, the list goes on) to post about them. April clearly shits on other months. Anyway, about the bottles.

These are a fucking awesome idea. So simple, yet so brilliant. Granted, I'll probably draw nothing but highly-detailed penises on at least the first 45 that I hold. I know I'm not alone in this, I think something like 8 percent of kids do it. I love how in the ads they show chicks scratching on their phone number and dishing it out to guys (have you ever met someone whose digits start with 555?). That would never happen in real life. I'm gonna be sending booze-telegrams that get right down to the nitty-gritty. "6 inches. Average stamina." All I'm saying is that if you're drinking and still feel the need to write it on a bottle as opposed to saying it out loud, we're getting into some seriously confidential/kinky shit here. I can't wait for these to become mainstream around the place.


4 comments:

  1. Guaranteed to be the most hilarious thing for a week, and then immediately stop being funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. signatures! please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was a fucking hilarious post

    ReplyDelete
  4. there are no numbers that start with 555, that's why all movies have them

    ReplyDelete