Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Federal Crackdown On Online Poker



The Tuesday after Marathon Monday...she's a sad one. Lots of fatigue, class (I make joke), and then there's this: supposedly there's a huge crackdown on the three main online poker sites. I'm not a huge online poker guy myself, but most certainly am not opposed to it. However, there is a silver lining to the elimination of online gambling: ESPN is going to stop showing poker tournaments as a result of this. I never liked when they showed Texas Hold 'em and Phil Hellmuth rubs me the wrong way. I wonder how ESPN is going to fill the time-slots in the wee-hours of the morning. I'd suggest that they just air Mayne Events to fill the slots. What a guy. What a channel. I digress.

3 comments:

  1. false. espn is still covering the wsop this year

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only reason ESPN would be cutting down their poker programming is that half their ads during poker broadcasts were for pokerstars and fulltilt

    ReplyDelete
  3. more than that, half the tourneys they showed were sponsored by online sites

    ReplyDelete