Friday, March 11, 2011

Chafe - When Ice Cream Is Too Hard To Scoop


Not many people can call themselves ice cream connoisseurs (is Drake still the only 23 year old wine connoisseur?) but I my friends am quite the ice cream expert. I don't know if I should brag or be weirded out, but I went through a phase in the 4th grade where I had ice cream almost everyday for breakfast. At that time however, my mom was still scooping for me. I don't think I got enough height for the counter to scoop until I was around the 6th grade (dominated wall ball and four square that year (great year)). I hate when the ice cream is too hard to scoop. It's usually a dynamic duo of the ice cream being in too cold of a freezer, and a weak spoon on my end. When you put both together you're helpless to get anything more than a sliver of ice cream in your bowl. Some people are too impatient and microwave the 'scream for a few seconds to soften it up, but this takes away flavor. Others try and muscle their way through the rough outer shell but this usually ends up with a bunch of tiny pieces in your bowl or a bent spoon. I wish ice cream was just easy to scoop every time I got it. It's time for a wake up call gas stations. Make your freezers less cold so I don't have to wait 5 minutes before I chow down a Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey

No comments:

Post a Comment