Monday, March 14, 2011

Chafe - Athletic Shorts/Sweats Without Pockets



I know this isn't a groundbreaking observation. We can't invent the wheel everyday at Broston headquarters. This is a huge chafe regardless. First of all, it's 2011, there should be no athletic shorts or sweatpants anywhere in the continental United States that don't have pockets. Pocketless shit should just should not be in the equation anymore. It's like de-evolution. Plain and simple. We invented pockets, we might as well use them.

The grind of not having pockets is pretty obvious. I'm a three tool player personally. If I'm in jeans it's iPhone right pocket, chapstick left pocket (I bang back the 7 gram rock equivalent of chapstick), and wallet back left. Where am I supposed to put all of those items without pockets? Hold them? Backpack? Weird voodoo waistband tuck operation? God forbid where do I put my phone if I'm listening to music? I don't even want to think about those of you that have to deal with an iPod on top of everything else. Obviously a jacket solves most of these problems, but let's face it, a lot of times your jacketless. Mark my words in 5 years you won't be able to find a pair of shorts or sweatpants without pockets anywhere but TJ Maxx.

If you're forced in to pocketless sweats just make par, go three bottom layers, and throw on some pocket shorts underneath the sweats.

6 comments:

  1. dont hate on tj maxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the position of items in your pockets. I'd feel right at home in your pants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you forgot arguably the most important item... tin in the back left pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BC Athletics standard issue shorts NEVER have pockets..not even the underarmour ones this year. blows.

    ReplyDelete