Monday, February 7, 2011

Beanpot Shake Down


It's time. The 2011 Beanpot is finally upon us and boy I cannot wait to bring home some hardware. Let's start off by talking about the first semifinal at 5 pm, between Northeastern and Harvard. No one gives a fuck. I think I care more about what the parking advisory e-mail has to say than I do this game.

Now that we've cleared that up, let's look at a preview of the game that actually matters, BC vs BU. 17 to 9. No that's not the amount I've outscored Fratsby in the last three games of NHL '11, that's the amount BC has outscored BU this year. The Eagles have won all three games against BU and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Talk about a hot team (both metaphorically and physically), the Eagles are currently number one in the nation and have won 10 out of their last 11 games including 4 straight. Add in the fact that BU can't even skate backwards from what I've seen and we could be in for a blitzkrieg of goals tonight. BC is clicking on all cylinders right now and will no doubt put on a show tonight that rivals the season finale of Entourage. My prediction, 10-0 with a combined shutout from all three netminders. Ladies and gentlemen bring your hats tonight to the game, this could be one filled with Sportscenter top cuts.

P.S. Rumor has it that we may see someone Bernie tonight on the ice after a goal.

1 comment: